In just under two weeks over 1,200 teachers have signed up for our services.
We wanted to share exactly how we’ve managed to do so.
We’ve been fortunate enough to receive wonderful press from education technology blogs from around the web.
2. Listening to our community and reacting
One of the supporters of Mega Startup Weekend, which we participated in, was Uservoice, a customer feedback and support tool. We immediately decided to implement Uservoice from day one and since then we’ve received priceless feedback and have been answering questions. By listening to our community and improving our product we’ve been able to grow tremendously.
We’re proud to share that one out of every five signups on ClassParrot is via an invitation from one of our users. Comes to show how effective listening to your community could be.
Below are quotes from our community.
3. Teacher buzz
As soon as we realized how passionate educators were on Twitter and Facebook we added a tweet and like button to our site and blog. Thanks to that we’ve received an amazing amount of buzz from teachers. Here are a few examples:
- HP Edu - “Have you used @classparrot? It’s a cool tool that lets teachers reach students via texting. Read up on it on here: http://bit.ly/nlQICw”
- Tiff Gilmore - “My favorite site of the day: http://classparrot.com #MITC2011 “
- Jyokley - “Best of #MITC2011 @ghartman shared many great tools. My fave: classparrot.com Manage texts to students w/o actually exchanging numbers.”
- Pearson Schools - “Here’s a great free tool for teachers to communicate with students - ClassParrot. http://pear.sn/mPRSTN #education #technology”
- Techie Feldie - “I am Loving classparrot.com It is a fantastic way to communicate via text with students and colleagues! Love the scheduling feature! #tt4t”
- Engaging Educators - “Polly want a text message? Terrific (and detailed) overview of text message service @Classparrot. http://ht.ly/750MN (via @web20classroom)”
- Sally Morgan - “@web20classroom @ClassParrot I just gave out the access # & name - students were VERY excited! What a great tool!!! “
Have any friends that are teachers? Want to make their day? Let them know about ClassParrot!